Primary PE and Sport Premium Development
Allocated to the school for by the Government for the next two years and until 2020
This academic year: £16,000 plus £10 per child.
The Primary PE and Sport Premium Funding has given Selsted CE Primary School a fantastic opportunity to improve the PE and School Sport provision for pupils in our school. Our main aim, is to ensure that the funding is used to make, “Effective, Sustainable and High Quality” improvements. Ofsted, who will be monitoring the use of the funding, will be looking for: “How well the school uses its Sport Premium to improve the quality and breadth of its PE and sporting provision, including increasing opportunities in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performances they are capable of”.
Aims of the Development Plan:
1. To develop the competence, creativity, performance and healthy lifestyle of all children at Selsted.
2. To increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching all areas of the PE curriculum.
3. To offer a broad curriculum that inspires children to participate in a wide range of physical activities.
4. To give the children the confidence to compete against other schools.
5. To create an appropriate and challenging environment that will enable every child to fulfil their potential.
6. To make links with local sports clubs and the community to increase participation outside school.
7. To raise the profile of PE throughout the school.
Click here for more information.